Since its inception in 1988, Eva Chen has spearheaded Trend Micro’s emergence as one of the world’s most innovative Internet content security companies.
Before becoming CEO, Eva served as executive vice president from 1988-1996 and CTO from 1996-2004. Under her direction, Trend Micro has produced a chronology of industry firsts, from unique products to security management approaches. As a result of her innovative leadership, she was appointed CEO in late 2004.
Of her many accolades and accomplishments, a few of the most prominent:
- Named on of the Top 10 High-flying Women in Technology by V3 Magazine, 2012
- Named one of Forbes Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen, 2012
- Received Cloud Security Alliance Industry Leadership Award, 2012
- Named one of the top 100 most influential executives in the industry by CRN, 2009
- Named one of the 50 most powerful people in networking, Network World, 2004
- Named one of the top five "Women of Vision," Information Security, 2003
- Received the Lifetime Achievement Award, Secure Computing, 2001
Eva holds a master's degree in business administration as well as a master's degree in management information systems from the University of Texas. She earned a degree in philosophy from Chen Chi University in Taipei.